Saturday, October 18, 2008

10/17/08

Hey Everyone!!! We had another great day today!! We started our day off bright and early with a tour of the White House. We learned that it has a bowling lane, its own dentist’s office, 16 bedrooms and 15 bathrooms (wow!). We also saw many of the rooms that big dinners and important meetings have been held. After having a blast at the White House, we headed over to the National Archives where all the records are kept for all three branches of government. They also have a real copy of the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. We got to see all of these and learned a lot about them. When we were done at the National Archives, we bolted over to the National American Indian Museum for lunch at their authentic food court. I had tacos, and chips and guacamole (big surprise I know!) and they were delicious!! After the American Indian Museum, we walked the mall and saw seven different monuments and memorials. We saw the Washington Monument, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Korean Veterans Memorial, WWII Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Thomas Jefferson Memorial, and the FD Roosevelt Memorial. We walked to all of these and after a while, I just couldn’t walk anymore!! My feet were killing me!! Anyway, I have to go to bed soon so I have to go get ready!

Having tons of fun,
Mackenzie

No comments: